Background

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BEWARE: This post may contain some mushy stuff.

Here is a version of a 10 on Tuesday, I used to write these every Tuesday when I wasn't MIA in cyberland.

Today is Mike and I's 1 1/2 year mark. This is something to be celebrated for sure and here is 10 reasons why.

1. Sometimes I get in these moods, lately it seems that the moods are more frequent than normal Monica. The reasons, I believe, are a completely different post. Even when I am in "a mood" Mike smiles and bears it. Sometimes, amidst all my moodiness, I can see it on his face...."I sorta want to shut you up, with force, but instead I am gonna stand here with this smile and try to figure out a way to love you in this." I am not easy to get along with, but he always finds ways to love me anyway. I am so blessed.

2. We don't get each other Christmas gifts, or any gifts, really. We have occasionally surprised each other with different presents but they are mostly for no reason at all. I was starting to get a little bummed about this last week. And then two of the last three nights we have spent having dinner together and curling up on the couch watching movies. We may not spend lots of money on each other but I sure do love when he makes time just for me! I am so blessed.

3. He is truly a Godly man. He works hard to lead our relationship in a way that would be pleasing to God. I am so thankful to have a person in this life who wants that for himself, me and us. I am so blessed.

4. Sometimes, we just laugh. Despite the previously mentioned "moods" we can still just laugh with each other. Mostly just me laughing, sometimes him quietly laughing to himself about me. But either way, we are laughing...and I love to laugh. I am so blessed.

5. He likes me. I know it seems obvious, but there are many people who are in relationships and I am not completely convinced that they like each other. And for some unknown reason, he likes me. I am so blessed.

6. Over the past year I have gone through one of the most difficult storms of my life. There were lots of ups and downs, mostly downs at first! And he was always there, always praying, always ready to catch me when I crumbled. He is a great listener, gives excellent advice, and is willing to completely overanalyze things with me. Ok, you're right, sometimes its me overanalyzing and him listening, but he stays in the same room, doesn't that count? I am so blessed.

7. He's cute. Here's proof!

My little drummer boy. I'm so blessed!

8. He cooks! Enough said. I am so blessed.

9. He calls me every morning to wake me up. I know it's pathetic, but alarm clocks just don't work for the coma I slip into every night. Ol' girl sleeps pretty deeply, so every night he asks when I need up and every morning he calls to be sure I get up on time. Then usually he has to call back again because he knows I totally woke up, answered the phone, told him I was up and then went back to sleep. I am sure it's annoying, but he does it everyday! I am so blessed.

10. I love him and I am so blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Call me sappy but I teared up reading this. Having a guy that is patient and supportive and all the things you described is very important AND you have clearly found him! And it makes me so very happy for you. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ang! I know you have found it too! We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. So true.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that a human voice is WAY better than an alarm clock even if you can get up for it. I tell Shane what time I want up and he wakes me up. Love it. Glad you have that too. :)

    ReplyDelete