Background

Monday, November 23, 2009

Prayer Update

Sorry I haven't updated you all in a while about Pat's sister, Linda. Thanks Ang for being a good friend and prayer warrior and asking.

Pat's sister was moved a week or so ago to a Traumatic Brain Injury rehab center, of course this was GREAT NEWS. She was well enough to get out of the hospital and start working on getting better. Since then...sit down, you will not believe this...God has done a great work in her body: she is talking, starting to connect people to stories and memories, walking...yes, walking...not a lot but some with the help of a walker, she has started to eat some food on her own.

It's incredible, she has certainly defied many medical truth. However, I am sure that our prayers were a part of that defiance, she still has a long way to go...and the family is being very reasonable about that, but the fact that she is alive and talking and walking is nothing short of a miracle.

Thank God that He is still in the business of healing. All praises to Him!

2 comments:

  1. Mon, I am so relieved to hear the great news! I started to tear up when I read this... I guess it hit home a little more than I expected.
    When my mom had her stroke a few years ago, the doctors said the brain damage that had been done to her should have left her immobile and unable to speak. However, as you know, today my mom is able to both speak and walk, and never lost either ability. She came out of the stroke basically a miracle. (She still having some after affects, but in the grand scheme, we still have our "mom")
    What a blessing to know that God has obviously done a huge work on Pat. It really truly makes me happy to hear this.
    Thank you for the update... hopefully there will be an even better one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Love to see God's mighty hand at work! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete