Background

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ten on (please pretend it's) Tuesday

1. Lex is getting MARRIED! Saturday afternoon I got a call that Andy had popped the question. They are looking at a May 2010 date. Very exciting! My baby sister will no longer be a Wilson, luckily as you can tell in the picture, Andy fits right in with our goofy family!

2. So the last two days I have had to be at work at 5:45 AM. Which is bad enough but when the meetings are in Warsaw and Claypool (which are at least a 30-45 minute drive) it's even worse. I am exhausted. But not complaining because I have a job that I love!

3. I am working on getting some relationships right in God's eyes and things have been a little stressful for me. Yesterday I got the sweetest email from Shannon. She reminded me of a few things but mostly that I have really good friends, who love me! And I love them almost too much I think! :)

4. So I just finished Jodi Picoult's new book, Handle With Care. I should have just made this 4 on Tuesday because you should stop reading this lame blog post immediately and get your hands on a copy. I mean I knew it would be good, it's Jodi for crying out loud but seriously...you need to read it!

5. I got some new brown glasses...for $38....from Wal-Mart. That's all!

6. I do still sell Mary Kay. Although sell is kind of the operative word. Aside from a few orders I did when I first started, I haven't done jack. So......if you want/need some Mary Kay let me know.

7. So I didn't know what else to post about so I started looking around and noticed my beautiful office plants. Now maybe this seems like a cop-out for a post but seriously it's amazing that these things are still alive. I got them pretty much right when I started working here (last January) and THEY ARE STILL ALIVE! I am pretty proud of my plants. Here is a glimpse into my office area.

I am pretty sure there is a little bird that waters them for me on the weeks I forget. And that little bird looks like this....
Trinia! My BFF at work! We have a blast together! She is so cool, and whatever you think she totally did not tell me to type that.

8. It's cold outside, and I don't like it!
9. "Peace is not the absence of trouble. Peace is the presence of God." Good one, huh?!
10. Is it seriously October. Um, could we have summer back please?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your blog didn't actually make it Tuesday because I may have had to rough you up a bit.....

    BUT I'm glad you're back to blogging :) And I love your lists! And I've never read a Jodi book....am I seriously missing out? Did you just fall out of your chair from shock that I've never read one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEN ON THURSDAY {the response version}:

    1. YAH LEX!
    2. Um... Kayla's never read Jodi!?!?!? We must donate books to this this girl and share w/ her about what she's totally missing.
    3. btdub: can i borrow said jodi book you just finished? I finished Sister's Keeper and 10th Circle a couple months ago and have yet to start another... grr.
    4. I think your 8 and 10 are the same... cheap. lol
    5. Re: #3... it's nice to get reminders from friends. Keeps ya humble. You're a fun friend. Glad we've reconnected!
    6. I need new glasses too. did you have to take an eye exam? Or just bring your RX and pick a pair?
    7. I kill plants. So congrats on your live ones. I killed a cactus in college. Serious.
    8. If i had extra $$ to spend on mary kay, i'd hit you up. Alas, i do not have extra $$ very often these days.
    9. When is your lia sophia party?
    10. TGIF tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah anyone who wants to can borrow a book, I am practically a Picoult dealer. I had an eye exam there less than a year ago so I didn't have to get a new prescription, even with that said...you can't beat $38 for frames and lenses. Yeah I am pretty proud of my plants. Although I suppose it's possible that Trinia replaced them with fake ones, I probably wouldn't know the difference. You are right, 8 and 10 are pretty much the same however I feel that due to the topic they are covering it's worth an entire post...WINTER STINKS! I don't know when my Lia Sophia party is, you will be the third to know!

    ReplyDelete