Background

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ten on(it's happening let's not worry about the day)

1. So I have been surrounded by some pretty sad news lately it seems. My boss Pat's sister is still not doing well after her accident last week. It is heartbreaking to see someone go through something like this. I am still praying for a miracle, but really asking that God's will be done and the painful road one that Pat can get down.
2. Tonight is book club. An incredible three people are gonna be there, and only one person has read the book. And that one person isn't me. So I am just going to enjoy a little girl time!
3. The babysitting schedule is filling up and I am feeling so blessed. I am trying hard to plan as many as possible and still have some time for Mike and myself.
4. This past weekend my mom's family met at her parent's house to try to clean out their garage and attic. My Pap Jack is a little bit of a pack rat, you could say. So there was a lot of stuff to be cleaned out. I went on Sunday to help and really didn't do a whole lot except find some really cool old stuff to bring home. Just what I needed more stuff!
5. Michelle had to decorate a pumpkin for work and I helped...here are the pictures of what we created. She works at a bank so I thought that this was a super cute idea. And it was really fun to be creative with my roomie!

Isn't she so cute?!?!?



6. Work is super duper busy right now. Lots of early mornings and long days. I really enjoy it, other than the leaving the house at 5 AM thing. I am so lucky to have a job that I like. My co-workers are fun and I love feeling like I am making a difference. Are you supporting your local United Way??? You should!


7. We are going dress shopping this weekend for Lex's wedding. She has already found "the one" for her but we need to find the bridesmaids dresses. So off to Indy mom and I will go on Sunday. So surreal! I have already started praying for their day and their union. What an important choice my baby sister has made, I should add that I think it was the right one! I want their marriage to be blessed by God in the good times and bad, so a prayer warrior I have become.


8. Did I also mention that Lex is graduating in Decemeber? Well needless to say I am hoping that with her degree she will get a job with the Pacers or Colts so I can score some free tickets soon! :)


9. I have made some tough financial choices in the past few weeks but I have to say that I am feeling so blessed by making money decisions that bring glory to God. I am trying to learn what it means to be a good steward with the money that God has blessed me with. It's not always the fun choices that I get to make but He is rewarding me greatly. I am so lucky to have close friends (Mike, especially) to support me in those decisions.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials,
for we know that they are good for us -
they help us learn to endure.
Romans 5:3 (NLT)


10. A few years ago a friend of mine moved to Texas and when she left she gave me the best present ever...a mattress pad warmer! It is the best thing ever! I love to crank it up on those cold fall nights and crawl into an already warm bed. I truly believe that if there are cold seasons in Heaven...there will be matress pad warmers too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still praying for Pat's sister... how terrible.

    That pig is adorable! I love love love it! (Did you write "Piggy Bank" by hand or did you use stickers?)

    What's this babysitting thing you speak of?

    I don't have a mattress pad warmer but I do have a heat pad that makes things nice and toasty. When I'm done getting cozy, I let my cat lay on it. She loves it :)

    ReplyDelete