Background

Thursday, May 28, 2009

All blogs in one!

So because it's a short work week it seems like time slips faster...I haven't had a chance to get on here and blog...SO, I am combining a Ten on Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday Trivia, and Thankful Thursday post all into one! Aren't you excited?...

This last weekend the whole family was in town and before I headed out we had a little Memorial Day Cookout at my house. Here are some pictures from the event! It was so fun to spend time with my parents, brothers and sisters....and of course my little AVA!

Grandpa and Ava, playing in the yard! I think they like each other!


She likes to feel the grass!


Maybe the happiest/cutest baby ever!


Couldn't pass up this picture!

This past weekend was Mike's surprise weekend...I guess some of you still don't know what we did. On the way to Indianapolis, I told Mike that we were going hiking in Brown County the next day and then to the NCAA Hall of Champions...THEN, at dinner on Saturday night I snuck off to the "bathroom" to give our waitress our tickets to the INDIANAPOLIS 500 (that other stuff was all a lie!) Mike claims that he believed my original fake surprises, which made me soooo happy. So we spend Saturday at the race and had a blast!



At my previous job, I helped to start a preschool that is just finishing its first year in session...I poured my heart and soul into that project and it's probably one of my proudest God-centered accomplishments. When I left that job, one of the hardest parts was walking away from the little ones and the preschool. A few weeks ago, I was invited to their graduation ceremony which is tonight. At first I was so excited, feeling proud of the teachers for completing their first year, and so proud of the students for successfully preparing for kindergarten...I was pumped that they thought of me and that I was going. Yesterday, I started to get a really anxious feeling about it and not sure I wanted to go. I haven't been back to the church for a while and I am not sure I will be able to keep it together. It's hard when you have worked with kids because you have to put on a front that you are happy when you are breaking up inside...it's one of the reasons I couldn't continue to attend there, I felt like a fake. But at the same time I would never dump my emotions on the little ones. I am nervous because at this point I will be going alone -- I just decided about twenty minutes ago, that my attitude at this event (and in my whole life, really) is my choice. I am going to choose to feel the first emotions I felt about this evening. Proud, Excited, and in love with what God has done with my hard and heart-felt work. He is Good! Congratulations little ones for graduating! :)

Wacky (not so much) Wednesday Trivia: Who made Billy Beer?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going! You did an amazing job getting the preschool going and organizing everything and it will be good for you to see all your hard work! Praying for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Beer was originally made by Billy's son Ricky, who named it Ricky's Beer. When Ricky started the company he gave his first batch to his dad, Billy. And week after week Billy would take case after case of the beer w/out Ricky knowing. Billy drank so much of the beer and owed his son so much money that Ricky's Beer was facing bankruptcy. Billy wasn't able to begin to count how much he'd drank so he just offered to purchase the company from Ricky. Ricky accepted since the beer kind of sucked anyway.
    Thus, Billy now owns the company and renamed it Billy's Beer.

    (I'm sure that's right, you got me a sleep deprived night where my creativity is running wild....)

    ReplyDelete