Background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...

1. I went to Detroit last week for a conference. Hence the no blogging thing. I do really love to learn new things about my job, especially since I am so new. But I am SOO glad to be back!


2. I would love to put more pics on my blog but right now the camera and cords are not near the computer...maybe next week, I will get better at it!

3. Last Saturday night was Cinco de Matto, an annual birthday party for my friend - you guessed it Matt. My best friend from college, Lindsey, met Matt and Belinda when she was teaching in Fort Wayne. This was the third annual Cinco de Matto -- and it was a blast! So good to hang out with Poop (Linds' long time nickname).

4. You are still trying to figure out why a pretty princess has such a dirty nickname aren't you? Well I will explain, one night after hours of studying (seriously, we were nerds) Linds and I were talking about how boys have weird nicknames for each other which are typically degrading and gross...she expressed her desire to have such a nickname...so, Poop it is! She tried to call me Pee for a while but it was just weird. Most people in my life know her as no other name...I love my Poop (you know that I mean Lindsey right?)!

5. My least favorite subject in school = Math. What I am doing all day at work lately = Math. BOO!

6. On June 2nd the Women's Ministry group that I am on is hosting a Ladies Night Out. Join us at Creative Fish to have some fellowship, paint a little pottery, and probably snack a little. Let me know if you want more details!
“Yet, O LORD, you are our Father
We are the clay, you are the potter;
We are all the work of your hand.”
Isaiah 64:8

7. At work I am producing our campaign video...today I saw the first cuts and they look great. Well they do to me, hopefully they do to the boss too!

8. My sister is pretty!

9. At the conference last week I got to meet Chris Gardner and Dolly Parton. Chris Gardner lived the movie Pursuit of Happyness. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie yet, get up out of your chair and go now. Seriously it is a great movie and what an inspiring man! He said that in reality his son was only 14 months old when they were homeless....can you imagine? I can't! Did you know 30% of homeless people have a full time job that they go to everyday?

Dolly Parton was a slightly different story. She is exactly what you would imagine her to be, AND she described herself as "trailer trash" I though that was pretty hilarious!

10. It's been a long week and weekend but I am getting excited for Mike's suprise this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment