Background

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...

1. It's starting to be consistently nice outside. This I love! What I don't love about it is that Tucker thinks it's really fun to play outside ALL the time. Now don't get me wrong, I like that too but when it's 6:30 in the morning and I need to get ready for work, I really would prefer a quick outing...

2. This Saturday is Kosciusko County's Annual Stamp Out Hunger Event. United Way teams up with the US Postal Service and area food pantries to collect food to stock the shleves. IF you would like to participate and you live in Kosciusko County hang a bag of food on your mailbox before the letter carrier comes! I have worked on this project and will be on the radio later this week to promote the event. Last year this event raised over 12,000 pounds of food!

3. Katie moved in this weekend and it's so nice! I love that we have all seemed to just fit right in together. And it's especially fantastic to save on rent each month!

4. It's Cinco de Mayo. Not that it means a whole lot to me...BUT, Mike and I are going over to the Marucci's for some fajitas and maybe some cervezas! So Celebrate I will! Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

5. I have a little quote book that I look at most days and today is no coincidence that God spoke these words to me... "God has mercies to give, and He intends to give them to us, those mercies are not broken pieces or someone else’s leftovers…God has bags that were never untied, never opened up, but set aside through a thousand generations for those who hope in His mercy." John Bunyan

I have needed to hear those words for a while now. It's amazing to me that I didn't even know what would satisfy my aching heart, but the lover of my soul knew. And today I am open and receptive to all the mercies and blessings He has planned for me!

6. You just said you were wondering who the cutest baby ever was?


Ava says "It's me!" And I couldn't agree more!

7. Seriously, the radio game problem. I won an Arby's gift card just about 3 minutes ago...it's starting to get a little embarassing! And then I think oh wait who is gonna A. not have to pack their lunch and B. eat Arby's for free. I have my diet stricken fingers crossed that I have no choice but to get a Beef and Cheddar with curly fries. :)

8. I ordered my next Book Club book on Amazon and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Captivating by John somebody. Honestly I can't even remember really what it's about. I just can't wait to tear it apart like we did the first book. I love to over-analyze just about everything but especially books!

9. I am planning a surprise for Mike over Memorial Day weekend. I know for a fact that he reads this so no details will be given. It's gonna be SUPER FUN! We could both use a little time out and this is gonna be just that! You will get to hear all the details in just a few weeks! I just love to have surprises - I am actually terrible at keeping them and I can't believe I haven't told him the plan yet.

10. You should look up the new Lady Antebellum song on itunes, I Run to You....it's soo soo soo good. My new favorite song! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to buy my next book for book club!! I almost forgot!!!
    Also, I am way curious about your surprise for Mike... any hints????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay okay okay... tell me, why don't we hang out? See first question...

    1. Lady Antebellum=One of my fav groups. Refer back to a late blog of mine with their song as my topic. Now, go look. Do it! :) HURRY!
    2. Fun fact that I learned on the Today show: An Arby's Beef N Cheddar has 440 cal., 21 g. of fat and 8 g. of sugar. An Arby's market fresh turkey and swiss sandwich (that sounds leaps and bounds healthier) actually has 720 cal., 27 g. of fat and 16 g. of sugar. SO EAT THAT BEEF N CHEDDA UP, WOMAN! YUM!
    3. Question: What would one do if one receives one's mail from a P.O. box but would like to participate in the stamp out hunger project (hypothetically speaking of course)?
    4. Tucker and I bonded today while I was loaded w/ foils. He's such a friendly little bugga.
    5. Good to see you today, even if it was for only 2 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHOO! I love surprises too, even if they aren't for me!

    and I like Ten on Tuesdays. I'd like for you to take some more pics and put them on. Show us your Mem. Day surprise by photos! That will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, John and Staci Eldgridge wrote Captivating. Hold on to your pants when you go through it too. I read it back in late Nov/early Dec and was ripped to shreds - in a good way. God totally opened my eyes and helped me learn more about letting him love me. So good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of a great book today you might enjoy: Traveling Light by Max Lucado. Man, I love that guy. I wrote all over mine otherwise I'd offer to let you borrow it.

    ReplyDelete