Background

Friday, April 3, 2009

Started out a frustrating Friday...

Well for the 4th time in a month, this morning I heard the words, "Sorry Monica, not today. We are gonna have to wait." I wanted to ball these words up and shove them right back into my dentists mouth, where for all I care they could stay forever. Instead of more penicillin, this time he is referring me back to my oral surgeon. I should find out Monday or Tuesday when I can get an appointment with him.

When I left the office, I was telling Mike all the frustrations that this caused...money (lots of money), having to take off work, next Friday will be three years I have been waiting, the list goes on...

THEN -
Mike was of course amazingly supportive and tried to make me happy. Then I talked to my dad and he said, "It's just money, it's not your fault to take off more work, and at least you are healthy...it's frustrating and depressing but it's not terrible."

I have tried to spend the rest of the day in a manner of thankfulness. So many people complain (including myself this morning) about things that are frankly insignificant. And trust me, I could go on and on about why this dental visit is far from insignificant. But in the scheme of my entire life this is just a little thing. Whenever I get frustrated about it, I like to remind myself that one day (hopefully soon) I will completely forget the things that have been an unending bother to me the last three years. Then I will try to remember what this time was like.

I have sat at my desk and been thankful, so thankful, for a job. I drove my car to get an oil change and spent the driving time thanking God for a nice car and the money (barely, but it was there) to take care of that car. I have been talking to Michelle and Trinia lots this afternoon, and thanking God for good friends. Through email the Wilson cousins are planning a work weekend at the cottage, it sounds like business but more fun than anything...they make me thankful for my family and good laughs. We will have lots of fun, delicious beverages, great music, and maybe get a little work done that weekend. :)

I am thankful...so thankful for the blessings I have and I know when it's time this present trouble shall also pass....is it wrong to hope that it's next week? I would even go to the oral surgeon's office tomorrow if he happened to be working (HA! yeah right!)...I guess for now it's more patience and thankfulness!

1 comment:

  1. That gave me chills. (Good ones) Mike and I were just discussing a similar form of this topic on the car ride home today.... Things could be so much worse, but THEY'RE NOT. We are blessed in our own ways and should recognize these blessings rather than dwell on our misfortunes, which typically are so minute!
    Thanks for sharing.
    p.s. Yea I'm stalking your blog now, going through old posts and catching up :) Don't call the police. I'm harmless!!

    ReplyDelete