Background

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...

1. Last week was a crazy one, sorry I haven't blogged for a week! We had Friday off so that seemed to have made the work week go so much faster.

2. Friday I went to the oral surgeon, after 3 hours in the chair and minor surgery....THE CROWN HAS BEEN PLACED! Now of course, it is temporary, it's just my luck. But they want to make sure that the gum heals before they attach it permanently. I have an appointment April 29th to have it finished. Praise God...for it being (almost) done and for vicodin! :)

3. Easter was great! I went to NWUMC, so Mom & Dad would have 3 of their 4 kids with them at church. Then Mike and I went to my parents for lunch. Mom threw a great little party: Grandma, Pap, Lex, Drew, Mom, Dad and Shirley (Mom's friend from church) were all there. Judo made chicken and noodles....so delicious. Since I was taking pain meds, I basically ate and slept. Best Easter Ever! It was nice to relax and remember the reason we were together: AN EMPTY GRAVE!

4. This coming weekend is Pier Pong, AKA cousins weekend at the cottage! I am so pumped to spend the weekend with family -- we are going to build a new pier for the cottage and get some Spring Cleaning done. It seems like the weather is going to cooperate very well and we have some fun planned in there too!

5. Life changes...People change...God, well He NEVER changes. What a blessing that is?! And man I have been reminded of this lately. I have felt different parts of my life being ripped out from under me and have had to rest solidly in the hands of my Heavenly Father. I am trusting that He knows exactly what He is doing. I know that in Him I can become just who He had in mind.

6. Angie's questions... uh, of course I would love a green chair that I don't have to bring a blanket to cover because it's so dirty; I don't know why you didn't know about my blog, my bad?; When Mike isn't around I: read, workout, help with Women's Ministries at NWUMC, spend time with my sweet roomie, book club, spoil my pets, blog stalk, talk to long distance friends from college; it is easy to understand why both you and Kayla love Brothers & Sisters, it is such an amazing show!; if I ever see something that you need :) I will do my best to remember that you are open to random gifts.

7. Mike and I are going to see Hank Jr. this weekend! I am pumped to see a classic country artist :) Should be tons of hillbilly fun!

8. I have actually been really busy at work lately. It's nice, I feel like I am accomplishing lots!

9. Seriously, I am tired of rainy, windy, cold weather. Can we get some summer around here...I would even be happy with some warm spring weather.

10. After a blog discussion last night with some girlfriends, I decided to see if I could get most of my readers to post a comment. If I had something to give away, I would...but try not to get too excited Shannon, I don't. So just let me know you are out there in the cyber world. And you should post a question so I can have something to post about next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mon!

    Following your blog has been a great way to keep up with you since college...I PROMISE that I will look you up when I come to the lake this summer, and I want to meet your man! I saw Kristen Sandquist when I went out to Denver a couple weeks ago--I hadn't seen her in THREE years! I miss everyone we used to hang with.

    So, my question to you is:
    What are the Top Five things you miss about college? Put it in list form, please, this is the queen of lists you're dealing with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions! I will be booking a hair highlight appointment w/ your roomie soon so maybe we should all just hang out the rest of the evening together? Sound like a plan?
    I agree about the blog comments. Sometimes I like to be reminded that people are reading it. Ya know?
    I'll bring the chairs! One for you, one for me! I think I also have a green fleece blanket in my back seat. It's ND, but it'll work!!
    Um... new question... let's see...

    IF YOU WERE A SALAD, WHAT KIND WOULD YOU BE?

    (I'm hungry... can you tell?) I'll give you my answer if you give me yours!

    ReplyDelete