Background

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...

I am stealing this idea from a few of the blogs that I follow...ten random things about me.

1. On rainy days like this, I especially wish that Tucker would be litter box trained.
2. Some of my best friends are under the age of 12
My mom hosted a surprise party for me when I left the church. These are some of the people I will miss the most at NWUMC.

3. I am getting really excited for the Beth Moore retreat this weekend!

4. I believe this quote to be true - "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." Maya

5. Last night I needed mashed potatoes, yes needed, to take my pain meds and Mike stopped at the grocery store brought them to my house, made them for me, and let my dog out, so I didn't have to get out of my chair....I love him!

6. I don't like chocolate.

7. There are times I am relieved and overjoyed that I am to the point in my life that my parents are two of my best friends. I respect them so much for their strong faith, successful marriage, great careers, and love for their families. I am happy for them that they are to a point in their lives where they are no longer defined by their kids schedules, lifestyles and choices. My mom and dad are getting to explore and become their own individuals again. I am proud of who they are in Christ and what they challenge me to be! Sorry got a little preachy and gooshy on you there.

8. I cry during every Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It never fails, I am just so happy that this individual or family was feeling blessed, happy and joyful. Some peoples' lives are such struggles! On the same note: I also cry when watching game shows and someone wins big...I think I can thank my mom mostly for that trait.

9. Coming up with ten things for this post was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

10. I want to start an electronic version of netflix for books. When I was presenting the idea to Mike, I said what should I call it and he simply stated, "Bookflix." That's all we came up with...we are so creative!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...the parent comment made me choke up! Isn't it great that as we get older we appreciate our parents more and more and aspire to be like them? I'm very thankful that I have parents like that, too. Bookflix..I'd be totally in. You should pitch that idea to the people at Amazon for their Kindle digital book thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have that relationship with my parents...yeah I will be mad when someone steals my idea and makes my million...

    ReplyDelete