Background

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...

1. Last night was Ashley's (Mike's youngest daughter) first JV Softball game. She pitched a great game and even got a few hits. Ash did so well!! I know that Mike enjoys seeing both of his girls active and supports them no matter what but you could tell that he was nervous for her and so proud at a job very well done -- he was so cute!

2. I want to sell my guitar. I should probably be careful calling it mine, since I have had it out of the bag about three times since I bought it over two years ago. I would love to play the guitar, I just don't think it's gonna happen. So let me know if you are interested, otherwise Ebay here I come!

3. Mike has fixed my old laptop. I thought it was totally and forever broken and so I bought another one. Now he has the old one working almost better than the one I just got.

4. It's almost April. I say that not necessarily for any other reason except that it means I get to pull March off my desk top calendar (not like computer desk top, like the ginorm calendars that go literally on your desk). I love this because then for a few days the newly exposed April sheet is so clean! Yes I am OCD even about my big calendar; I don't like how the edges get ripped and how things get spilled and stain it. So tomorrow I will be enjoying the freshness of a new calendar page! I'm weird, I get that!

5. I am so behind on Brothers and Sisters. I think I might spend some time today and tomorrow catching up. I am anxious to see what's going on with the Walker Clan! If you don't watch it, I will put it as simply as possible - You Should Start now - go to abc.com and select full episodes!

6. So I have mentioned that some girls and I are starting a book club...well our first book was by Diane Chamberlin, called The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes...uh, yeah I read it in one day and absolutely loved it. I am going to borrow some of the rest of Diane's books from Shannon Y starting today! I can't wait to see if the rest are that good.

7. So Sara said that sometimes when Ava is at school (which is cute that it's called that when she is just over 6 months) they put her "hair" in a pony tail. You gotta see this!

Yep, still the cutest!


8. I am working on an awesome project at work right now. One particular local business has had to lay off more than 150 people since December. They are putting together a team of people to present on area resources available to people affected from unemployment. I will represent United Way at this presentation. I am so pumped to have the chance to help people going through unfortunate times.

9. It amazes me at the level of complaining and self pity that some people manage to display. I'm going to try to be better at serving all of those around me first and taking care of my needs second. I do this a lot of times but not with the right motives. I observe people who live their life in a way that makes me think all they want are words of affirmation and pity...I don't not long to be that kind of person. May my attempts, whether it be success or not, bring glory to the God that gives me all the affirmation I need and then so much more!

10. "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills and uses these skills to accomplish goals." -Larry Bird



No comments:

Post a Comment